"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

Saturday, March 26, 2011

My New Lifestyle

As an opening statement, I am not a good communicator. I forget to tell things or don't want to tell things of a personal nature. However as I should have learned by now "Never Say Never." The important thing is I am changing my ways but I should probably backtrack a little...Six years ago I met my husband and my best group of friends ever while in college. My husband was 125 lbs heavier, my friends and I were together all the time in SAI. Fast forward 4 years, all my besties are marrying and so am I. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer which she passed away from a year ago. My hubs and I both both became music teachers and bought a house in Shreveport and the besties scattered around Texas. Teaching and traveling the great state of Texas has been our life for the past two years. There is your back story.
This summer my hubs and I bought the cutest house. Finally leaving the world of renting can do strange things like make a woman who has never wanted children to reconsider that pitter-patter talk. See you have to understand where I'm coming from. As the hubs and besties know I can be stubborn. My mom's dying wish was grandkids. She told me this frequently. If I had a shotgun wedding, she would've fainted with grandmotherly joy. But I didn't give her that joy. Cause I'm stubborn.
But now there's this house and this great hubs that wants a kid more than anything and I can see the appeal now. So this August we decided to start trying. Hubs and besties = ecstatic! This is where the adventure really began.

No comments:

Post a Comment