Summertime is the favorite time of year for many students and teachers. The ending of a year is cause for celebration and a sense of accomplishments. For many it is an ending of an era. School changes or job changes may be on the horizon. Needless to say rest and relaxation are much needed.
As for Terry and I this is the summer of staying put. This time last year we were preparing to move to a new house and Terry would soon be moved from middle school band to elementary music. After a long challenging year, we are both thankful to be happy, healthy, and employed. We have an exciting summer planned even though our college class was cancelled. Yale is the 9th and every day I get more excited. We are glad to enjoy some traveling since we will hopefully be trying to start our family in the fall.
We also have professional development planned at Penders. This will be the first year Terry has come along. It will be nice to have his ears there helping me. I have really enjoyed us having the same job this year. He is so creative and passionate about all music.
Also, since we didn't have a college class to pay for, I splurged on my new toy an iPad! It is so nifty. I am typing this blog on it. I highly recommend getting one even though I didn't want one when they first came out. I have already used it at school as well. It has all my playlists for class and graduation. I'm looking for other cool ways to use it at school as well.
I know this blog has been a bit of a ramble but that's how my brain feels right now. Just bits and pieces of final thoughts before summer truly begins Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment