So today my kiddos asked me what I was giving my mom. After explaining why I couldn't give her anything they followed up with what my kids were getting me...ouch. So this is a sucky week and I realized tonight that I have been growing more and more moody. But I haven't said anything. Because I am the older sister, the responsible friend, the award winning teacher. Then tonight I got upset for some stupid minor thing and it all came spilling out. Hard. Have you ever hurt so bad you couldn't breathe to sob?
I'm not telling you this for advice or pity, just the act of telling, speaking out when you are hurting. And listen to your friends when they are hurting. You don't have to fix it or feel sorry for them. Just speak and listen and care. Don't bottle up and hide and feel that you can't feel. And maybe this is the gift I can give my mom and my future children and myself. And that is the reason for this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment