"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Feeling frustrated

Feeling frustrated 
Alright my positivity has reached a bump in the road. I am always working hard for my kids. I have spent countless hours and dollars to give them the quality education they deserve. I have written multiple grants which many of you have graciously donated to. I am so tired of watching materials be freely and thoughtlessly given to people who don't want or use them just because they are considered "core" teachers or title 1. I know I'm preaching to the choir(ha tiny music pun), but why am I always rationalizing and begging for what I do? It is exhausting and disheartening. Especially when so many teachers are blessed with materials galore and don't have the heart or really care for their students. In my 5 years of teaching, I have yet to give up pushing for what's needed to make my students the best, most well-rounded human beings they can be. I suppose I won't quit now. But can't I just get a break just once? A yes? I know I'm just whining here and nothing good can come from it, but I just have to put it out there and get this giant unfair elephant off of my chest. 

On a positive note, got the Shreveport Symphony programs letter in today and they are offering 4th and 5th graders a concert on "the Composer Is Dead" by Lemony Snicket. How cool is that? Also funny today I had two first graders come up to volunteer and I asked the little boy what his idea was and he said "whatever her idea is" so I asked the little girl and she said "whatever your idea is." They are so smart and such good buck-passers! Guess I've got to do as the song suggests and "Accentuate the Positive." 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are frustrated! You are such an amazing teacher - you (and your kiddos) deserve the best!!

    ReplyDelete