"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Disney Bloggity
Hello, I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday with your families. Mine was wonderful. We just returned from Disneyworld just in time to celebrate my brother's birthday, Christmas, and our 3 year anniversary. But first of course a review of Disney! It must've been nice because we booked our return trip for March!
Part 1: The drive
So as a newly pregnant lady, I have been pretty blessed as far as symptoms go. Till you put me in a car for 15+ hours. On the way to Houston, it suddenly felt as if I was going to pee my pants. I made Terry pull off the side of the road. Quite possibly one of the most embarrassing moments of my pregnancy so far, but I agreed to keep it completely real on this blog. At least I did not pee my pants right? We stopped 8 times on the way to Disney (not bad) and I have to give a shout out to Mississippi reststops! They were NICE! Also, boo to the Florida Citrus Centers, worst nastiest bathrooms ever. Even the boys refuses to go in them...also, my morning sickness (why do they say it is just morning???) kicked in.
Part 2: The resort
We stayed at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside. This was my first time staying at a Disney resort. It was fitting we stayed in a Louisiana themed resort. The grounds were beautiful. Definitely very Steel Magnolias. :) When you check in online before you get there, it makes it so much easier. The staff were super nice and the anniversary treatment began right away. The food court was big and had alot of choices. Then we made our way to the room. It was very large and had everything we needed. Housekeeping did a great job as well. The pool was huge, but we never used it. We were too busy going to all the parks.
Part 3: The parks
Last time we went to Disney in the summer. I was very excited to go at Christmas for both the temperature difference and the decor. And I wasn't disappointed. The weather was chilly day one but it was 70s after that. The park was covered in lights and Christmas music and the Osborne family lights were great! The parks were more crowded than I expected, but the wait times weren't bad. I loved the magic kingdom because I could ride most of the rides. We got to see all the shows this time too. I loved Fantasmic and the Electrical Parade and of course the fireworks. We also got to meet alot of characters.
Part 4: Universal
This was everyone's first trip to Universal Islands of Adventure and it was a HUGE hit. Comparing that to Disney is like apples and oranges. The rides were more exciting but that means I couldn't ride. The staff weren't as in character as Disney but they were still very nice. It wasn't as crowded either. But the main reason we went was The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Terry was a kid in a candy store, but I enjoyed it too. Every detail was perfect. There were little touches from the movies throughout the park. The butter beer was delicious cream soda with a butterscotch whipped cream. There were cute little performance in the park of the frog choir and others. The ride waits were really short except for the Hogwarts Journey. 90 minute but apparently worth it. The picture tells it all. Terry's face lit up like Christmas. Soooo cute! I liked the ride because it goes through the castle and has great picture opportunities. We will definitely be back in March.
Overall, this vacation was exciting and definitely worth it. When we return in March, we'll be at the Caribbean Beach resort during Spring Break. I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment