"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Sick of being sick
As a teacher, nothing in the world could be as grueling as the week of school before a break. Before you think to yourself "Wish I got all those breaks" hear me out. Spring break and summer have got to be the worst. Because the weather is getting warm and thanks to global climate change, spring fever has already hit. So the students could care less that we are about to play electric guitar or drums or dance to the latest new song...they are dreaming of running amok in the grass. At least one kid in every class asks "can't we have class outside???" There's just one giant problem with that. I am allergic to outside. :(
Ugh, allergy season. I hate March-May with a fiery passion. Normally soon as that first sniffle hits, I grab every allergy product CVS will let me check out with and life goes on. But this year, I chose to be knocked up. And there's all these rules about what you can eat, drink, do, and especially what medicines you can take. Nothing with a D in it according to my doc. What is the D for? Delicious, delectable, delightful decongestant. So now D stands for "Damn it Doc" cause that's the only stuff that works. But I do love my break dancing little bug, so I will suck it up. And sneeze, wheeze, cough, sniffle, and whine my way thought the next two months till I get to start complaining about the heat.
Oh and about that awesome Spring Break I'm supposed to be enjoying this week? I've been a miserable mess so far. And I'm really tired of being prisoner of the couch. Anyone want to trade? Please?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment