"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

Friday, March 16, 2012

Nesting is a weird word. Also I hate birds.

I am definitely nesting...but in the wrong room. Every day I feel the intense urge to move everything in my classroom. Seriously people are starting to notice. Particularly the kids. They comment on it daily. :) And laugh at me.  The house front...eh. I am normally a clean freak. But lately I just don't care. Terry has really picked up the slack. It makes me feel like a terrible person though. And let's not get started on the nursery. The only things that have been done have been by other people. Terry and Casey did the most awesome job of building the closet shelves. Daddy hauled off all the junk and furniture. Mandy decked out the 31 organizers. And the S'port girls and Pops and Krissie bought Teagan's first cute stuff. All the dads pitched in to buy the crib and dresser. And I have done a big fat nothing. :( Well, I did finish my registry. (Did I put anything useful on there? Who knows?) And I read a natural childbirth book. It's weird cause I'm normally a worrier but I'm feeling very Zen about this bringing a child into the world. Kinda freaking out to not be following my normal routine. (Worrying about not worrying? Hmmm) Maybe Teagan has a little bit of Terry in her after all and is passing it on to me. I guess she's already bringing out good things in us and she's not even here yet. He's cleaning and trying to get a speed bump outside our house. I'm relaxing and eating pickles.  BTW, she kicks like crazy now. I can even see it. Terry felt it for the first time the other night. Tried to get her to kick for Auntie K on her surprise visit home, but she was being stubborn. Who did that come from? :) She kicks mostly when she's hungry or tired. Just like me! Super cool.  Last note, The Muppets comes out on DVD on the 20th. I need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment