"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

Monday, May 16, 2011

Baby bucket list

Two months down, four to go. I have never been so excited to get through the summer. That's probably why I planned so many activities. Yale, Orff class, S'port girl reunions, Pender's music convention, Omaha DCI competition...Everyone says I should do all the things I will be too busy to do with future kiddos. Terry and I call it our baby bucket list. You've gotta be excited about whatever stage of life you're at right? If you're constantly looking back or wishing forward, you will miss out on all the things you have  right now. So I'm gonna enjoy these months, enjoy my hubs, enjoy the healthier me I am becoming, enjoy the time to grow. And I hope you do too. If you're not enjoying life, what can you put on your baby bucket list right now?What do you think Terry and I should add to our baby bucket list? 

2 comments:

  1. MOVIES!!! Movies and more Movies.....Oh and sex LOL. Everything changes sweetheart. I know what you are going through and right now it totally sucks. But when it happens, how ever it happens, and it will! You will realize that it was suppose to be this way and you will be happy that it did. Keep your head up, and remember to thank the good Lord for all the blessings you have now and all the "blessing" that he is going to give you in the future! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess! Here's a few additions for your baby bucket list from a new mommy: Go out to nice restaurants with Terry and enjoy your favorite foods with your favorite guy. (In the first trimester, you're likely to have food aversions; I hated foods I normally love!) Eat all the foods you're not allowed to have when you're preggers -- deli meat, sushi, beer, wine, blue cheese, eggs over easy, etc. Go out with your friends - especially any single friends - and enjoy your social life. Also, go on a vacation with Terry that you wouldn't be able to do with a kiddo. And when you're pregnant, go on a "baby-cation" with Terry again; vacations are HARD with a baby. And also sleep. Get lots and lots and lots of fantastic sleep. Have fun! --Sandra

    ReplyDelete