Well today was an eventful day. I had to get lab work today to check insulin, FSH, LH, and progesterone. After that I went home to wait for the termite guy. Yup, my less than two year old house has termites. And I get to pay $1500 to get it fixed. The guy came, he was really nice. They were worse than we thought. They put foam around the whole house and drilled holes in my floors. Then the guy broke my glass ring holder. That was a wedding present for my parents. That I got after my mom passed away...Krissie warned the guy not to tell me. But he was honest and apologetic. And I had eaten so I wasn't the very hungry grinch anymore so I told him it was no big deal. It is, but yelling at him wouldn't fix it. So that was my good deed for the month. Now I'm sitting at Pops dr appointment waiting for a phone call with my test results from this morning. Maybe karma will come back to me for not yelling at bug man and make them good....So in the meantime here's a little story:
3 friends go to the bookstore. One is married and has a baby, one is married without kids, and one is single. Each one picks out a different book. They are all good books, but each one is right for one of those girls more than the others. There are so many books in the store, but they manage to find the one that is right for them...or 8 as the case may be. The girls shared their books with each other. None of the girls told the other one that the book she chose was wrong and they must choose their book instead. Each girl confidently approached the register believing in their purchase. Each girl went home and read their book and enjoyed it and maybe gave it to a friend as a gift. And the girls remained friends. Even though they didn't buy the same book.
This is a true story and a metaphor....ooh such a deep blog. This story is really about 3 beautiful friends who are living their lives three different ways. Lately I have seen and heard some terrible tearing down of other peoples' life choices. And that's what they are right? Choices? There's no magical right or wrong stamp somewhere. We're not all cookies from a cookie cutter waiting for that seal of approval. And it takes an awful lot of energy and guts to tell someone they are wrong about how they choose to live their life. Shouldn't that energy be spent on building ourselves a better life?
I am a teacher. I see almost 400 kids weekly. I hope to one day be a parent. In my 5 years of teaching and in the aisles of child raising books, I've never seen advice about telling your kids they are wrong and they must always do things your way. And if you treat your friends that way, you most certainly won't have friends anymore. So take this blog however you see fit and share it with whomever you feel needs it. And make your choices confidently. Don't be swayed by the bullies who are too closed minded to see gray instead of black and white. Take your energy and grow into an even more beautiful person.
Love this. You are so wise and I am so taking this blog to heart. I might repost it to my blog if you don't mind :D
ReplyDeleteYou are so welcome. Please repost! We gotta get this message out!
ReplyDelete