"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A penny saved...

New Year challenges:
It's that time again, time for resolutions. This year is quite the challenge. I find myself thinking about Teagan and being the best I can be for her. So I came up with my top two goals for 2013.
2: Money Management 
I have come a long way in the money department. Paid off some debt, worked on a budget. But I really want to start saving for Tea. So here are my baby steps for my baby. 
-Pennies in the piggy bank
All the loose change from our pockets goes in Tea's piggy. I gave up my Dr Pepper and Gardettos habit which also helps goal #1. That's $1.50 a day, 5x a week! Her first full piggy made $150. All the money goes into her savings account.
-upromise by Sallie Mae
Sallie Mae has an awesome program called upromise where a percent of what you spend shopping and eating out goes to an account for college. 
-Coupons
Saving money leaves more for Tea. I am really enjoying couponing. The toughest part is finding the sales to match with coupons. Thankfully there are blogs that save this working mom some time like southernsavers.com. This blog is my favorite bc it lists deals at Kroger and CVS which are linked to my upromise account. 
So those are my two goals for the year. Join me for my new blogs with more tips on Money Mondays and Fitness Fridays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment