It's that time again, time for resolutions. This year is quite the challenge. I find myself thinking about Teagan and being the best I can be for her. So I came up with my top two goals for 2013.
1: Healthy mommy
I'm about to get real here. I weigh 190lbs. Wow, that was tough. It's the most I've ever weighed. Before I got pregnant I was diagnosed with PCOS and lost 25lbs. As a new mom, time and energy are in low supply. And everyone tells you "Don't worry about weight! Nursing will take care of it." So I splurge too much. Also everyone looks at Tea so I don't feel like I have to worry about looking nice. So enough excuses...Tea is starting the adventure of food. I think about everything that goes in her mouth. I make her own food. How can I expect her to choose healthy foods as she grows if she sees me choosing junk? So back to food tracking I go. Lose it! was my go to app I reinstalled. Also increasing activity...oh so little time. My sister in law invited me to join Nexercise which awards points for activity you can exchange for gift cards. That goes into my next challenge. See my next blog for challenge #2: money! What are your resolutions? Got any health tips to share?
Jessica being a full time mom is time consuming, but we have to remember to take care of ourselves.
ReplyDeleteWhile I can say that exclusively nursing helped me loose over 50 pounds since the birth of my daughter, it has been healthy eating choices that has kept it off.
I try to drink lots of water and eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. I do eat meat, but is small portions.
With a passion for baking, I try to reward my family with a sweet treat on the weekend. Once the treat is gone, it's gone. We all go back to eating healthy.
Exercising is where I need help. I love to walk outside, but it's winter here in Kansas and I just don't like the cold.
If you're looking for some recipes, I have posted a few on my blog.My family is on a new allergy-free diet (my daughter has multiple food allergies) and I've actually lost some weight this month due to the changes
www.thebrowniehome.blogspot.com
May God bless you and your family.
Hi Emily! So glad to hear from you! Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot to me. Your blog is great. I look forward to sharing healthy ideas with you. Enjoy your beautiful family!
ReplyDelete