Rung in the new year with my favorite people in my favorite place: Disneyworld with Terry, Tea, Lisa, and Shannon! Since New Year's is a time of reflection, I reflected on my 3 wildly different trips to Disney. The 1st trip Terry and I were still in school and dating. Everything was new and exciting. 2nd trip last December we celebrated our 3rd anniversary and were expecting Teagan. This trip was a celebration of growing family and still exciting Our 3rd trip included sweet Tea. Watching her face as she watched everything around her was truly magical and you guessed it: exciting. It did require some change in plans, and I have a list of things that made our trip run smoothly.
1. Use a carrier. Terry and I swore last time we came that we would NEVER use a stroller in WDW. We kept our promise. Parents (esp. dads) pushing bulky strollers watched in envy as Tea slept peacefully in her Bjorn through the parks.
2. Return to your room. We never did this before Tea. We were dumb. Coming home for a rest keeps everyone happy.
3. Wear a backpack with a camelpak. Easy access to water and Tea's supplies was essential.
4. The baby centers are awesome! Seriously. They have everything you need in case you forget or run out. They have rocking chairs for nursing, bottle warmers, and many changing tables. The staff were kind and helpful esp during Tea's massive blowout. We had to throw out an entire outfit and it took 4 people to change her.
5. "It's not about you." I heard more than 10 parents say this to their children during our trip. Please don't say this. Ever. Yes it is about your child. YOU chose to have them AND bring them to Disney. If it wasn't about them, leave them at home. Tea is 6 months old and this trip was about her. I stood in more character lines than ever because it put a smile on her face which put a smile on my face. Isn't that why Disney is called the happiest place on Earth? And it can be and it was for us. We're planning on returning when Tea is 6 years old and I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment