Late again...crazy week! I had a trip to Houston, a surprise family reunion Monday and Tuesday, and now I'm on my way to San Antonio. This brings me to my topic: saving money while traveling.
1st: Buy supplies before going
I have a notorious habit of snacking while on the road. All those little gas station stops add up. A quick trip to the store before leaving stops that habit in its tracks. Not only is it cheaper (yay coupons!) but it's also healthier. Here's my snack mix for this trip:
Nutragrain bars
Oatmeal packets
Applesauce squeezies (can you tell breakfast is my favorite meal?)
Jerky
Coconut water
2nd: Budget
This is my weak spot. Especially on trips. This weekend for example we went to my friend's baby shower (yay Penny!)
I want to buy this sweet family so much cute baby stuff. Luckily I enlisted help from my other friends and Terry to keep me on my toes. I made sure to ask them if it was a wise purchase. 9 out of 10 times it wasn't.
3. Credit card rewards
Terry has a rewards card we use only for travel. It keeps me in the budget (hello limits!), and it gives us points for rewards on future trips. Our card of choice is the Disney card by Chase because Disney is our favorite place ever.
These are my tricks to make travel cheaper and thus allow for more travel. Where are your favorite places to go? How to you budget to get there?
No comments:
Post a Comment