"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Car Adventure: Dallas TX

Singabration! Dallas 
After one day after returning from Omaha, we set out for my favorite workshop, Pender's Singabration. I love it for many reasons.
1. All of my crazy music teacher friends come too!
2. Tons of new music and cool teaching stuff to buy
3. And most important! John Jacobson is there. 

This year we were in a new location and I loved it. Everyone was in one building sharing and singing. Yay! Plus the hotel was verry nice. We spent all day learning and all night hanging out. This was Terry's first time going and I think he got a lot out of it. We both came back with an impressive stack of books. I will be reviewing mine here for my fellow music teachers in later bloggities. 

Now the best for last...Saturday is John Jacobson dance day! And boy did we dance. He told us the true story behind his America's Got Talent visit. They are such weasels! And he made a very passionate speech about bullying and teaching our kids how to treat each other by our actions. About how America's #1 show is adult bullying. So I would ask you to join me in not watching. Dancing and singing is the one thing we can do for our personal enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. Expression is a beautiful blessing we have been given. Let's not make it about winners and losers. Anyway, I left excited and ready to begin planning for the coming year. 

But first I had to take a detour to Jamie's so she could help me with invitations for my Pop's birthday party. They are so cool. If you're interested in cards and other craftiness, you should check out her blog Jamie's Craft Corner. We also went to see Harry Potter and it was awesome. Now I'm back home. Till Wednesday. Then it's another trip to Dallas with Krissie and then Friday to Houston for my Big Brudder and some symphony time. All I cam say is my bottom is tired of riding for a couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment