"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Too much inspiration causing perspiration!

It is getting closer to the start of school so I am beginning to get back into planning mode. Since I attended several workshops over the summer ,I feel like I never really turned work brain off, and now I have WAY too many ideas floating around in this noggin. so of course I got online and added to them! There are so many amazing blogs and websites for music teachers that I can't even begin to list here and there are teachers on twitter discussing all the latest trends in music Ed and tech. So I joined twitter. Not that I'll be posting tweets often but they will be Ed and tech related if you are interested it's @jrautio1. I also got on my fave new website Pinterest.com and found some fantastic classroom decor ideas. I have plans for a portable, found sound music station. Look forward to those pics.
In short, I LOVE the start of a new school year. And not just because my birthday is the same week! It's even better than New Year's Eve. The opportunities and possibilities seem endless. You can reinvent yourself. So people with children, fellow teachers, or people who still get excited when they see the school supplies being set out, what is your favorite part of the new school year? What are your big plans for the new school year? Don't you want a new backpack and crayons???

No comments:

Post a Comment