Today I walked my second 5k in a month. Shaved a minute and a half off my last time with the help of my walking friends. Decided to celebrate by buying some cute summer clothes. Unfortunately, I HATE trying on clothes in the store so I got home to discover they are still snug. Still trying to decide if I return them or make them goal pants. I mean, I know I'm still losing but it's kinda sad waiting. Decisions...
We also went out to Yogie and friends exotic cat sanctuary today with Lisa and Shannon. That was cool!!! The lions and tigers were sooo close. One of Terry's Godspell castmates came to yoga and invited us out. Speaking of, we got a copy of his Godspell and it is really nice. We watched that with some friends yesterday and exchanged adorable surprise Easter baskets. I made him a grilling chicken basket and he made me a picnic frog basket. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday ham. Hope the fam can come enjoy.
Also enjoyed some more PCOS reading since my followup is Monday. I read The Low GI Revolution and The Low GI Guide to PCOS. I've read that this diet is helpful for PCOS and insulin resistance. My main complaint about these books was repeating the same info in every chapter and using the first 100pgs to convince me to try the diet. Hello I bought the book. You don't have to sell me that hard. The food guide was at the very end of the book. Start there. There were also alot of technical terms and graphs that I glazed over. I did really like the testimonials from women with PCOS. It inspired me to keep up my good eating habits and exercising. I'm also working on a list of questions for my dr. Hopefully we get some good test results.
No comments:
Post a Comment