My second PCOS book was A Patient's Guide to PCOS by Walter Futterweit. Overall, way more doctory-big word-detail stuff going on for me. It was a complete guide meaning there were many chapters that didn't relate to me. It was very explanatory which was nice since my doctor did a terrible job of that. Not even a pamphlet lady? However, digging through all of the symptoms that didn't apply to me got me feeling kinda down. And the last chapter was about depression. I understood that completely. Since I'm talking about symptoms and my friends are all asking me about what's going on why don't I share. Disclaimer: Remember every case of PCOS is different.
My symptoms include:
-Insulin Resistance that could lead to Type 2 diabetes or gestational diabetes when I get pregnant
-Weight gain particularly in my middle section
-Acne (man I was glad to find that out. Wish someone figured it out before I tried Accutane. Ouch!)
-Here's MY embarrassing one: excess hair especially in the facial region.
-The biggie that helped me figure out what I had: no period...seriously I haven't had one since December.
Still waiting on the ultrasound to figure out if I actually have the polycystic part of PCOS. I have a follow up appt on the 25th and I am arming myself with lots of questions. So there's my sharing. 3 more books to review before my appt. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment